Finding your Verizon MI424WR network's SSID Finding your Verizon MI424WR network SSID
If you haven't changed your SSID, the default SSID is provided on a sticker on the bottom of your Verizon router.
Your network's SSID is stored in your Verizon MI424WR router. As long as you know your router's user name and password, you can access the security settings where the SSID is stored.
Note: The Verizon MI424WR security screens and prompts may vary slightly from the directions below, depending on when you purchased your router and the version of the firmware loaded on it.
To display your network's SSID:
- Open your Web browser and enter in the Address field.
- Enter your user name. If you didn't change it when you configured your network, the default user name is admin.
- Enter your password. Additional characters will appear to be inserted as you enter your password. This is designed to hide the number of characters in your password.
- Note: If you've forgotten your user name or password, you must reset your Verizon MI424WR router to the factory defaults to access the configuration screen.
- Note: If you didn't change the default password when you set up your router, it may have been changed to your router's serial number to provide greater security. You can find your router's serial number on a label affixed to the bottom or back of your router.
- Click the Wireless Settings icon.
- Click Basic Security Settings in the left navigation panel.
- Write down the entry in the SSID field.
- Close the router configuration window.